Perfumarie is a venue where you can directly purchase unique goods from peer sellers and independent brands or retailers from around the world. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you as a buyer.
Understanding Perfumarie’s Limitations as a Venue
Perfumarie provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers around the world. It is important to note that Perfumarie is not a part of that transaction. We simply facilitate the process and makes discovery easier.
By shopping on Perfumarie, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Perfumarie, but from one of the many sellers on Perfumarie;
- Perfumarie does not pre-screen all products and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Perfumarie or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies);
- Perfumarie screens every seller partner and guarantees product authenticity;
- Each seller on Perfumarie has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies; and
- As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to confidentially flag an item or a shop that violates any of Perfumarie’s policies.
- Perfumarie will facilitate all paying transaction on our buyer's behalf as an escrow. An order will ONLY be confirmed when the seller provides shipping and tracking information for the product(s) as confirmation. This information will be added to Perfumarie's order number manually to confirm the accepted order. If we cannot complete your order, you will receive a refund on the product(s) within 1-3 business days.
Perfumarie members can communicate to each other through our Member’s social media group. Messages are a great way to ask any questions you have about an item or an order. Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member.
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Perfumarie. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Any harassment of other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or cause harm. If you receive a Message that violates our policy, please alert us right away.
Purchasing an Item on Perfumarie
When you buy from a shop on Perfumarie, you’re directly supporting a person or business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on Perfumarie, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
You also agree to comply with our Payments Policy when you use Perfumarie for Payments, and our Gift Cards & Perfumarie Credits Policy when you purchase or redeem Perfumarie Gift Cards or Perfumarie Credits.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that your content may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Perfumarie, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
By uploading a photograph to one of Perfumarie’s websites or a mobile app, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph, or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Perfumarie, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content including photos and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Perfumarie’s Case System
Although Perfumarie is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a case system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected. By this system, you understand that Perfumarie may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. You can use Perfumarie’s case system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. If you choose a refund as your preferred resolution, keep in mind that Perfumarie only allows on-platform refunds for a period of 14 days post-transaction. After this window has elapsed, Perfumarie cannot support on-platform refunds for your order. However, you may still communicate directly with the seller to come to an off-platform resolution. Refunds issued by in the form of Perfumarie credit.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Perfumarie.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Messages.
If Perfumarie determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping. In the event that Perfumarie needs to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of a Perfumarie Credit.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Perfumarie’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Perfumarie’s checkout system.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via Perfumarie Messages. Note that all cancellations must comply with our policies.
Returning an Item
Most sellers do not accept returns. Additionally, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal,” during which you may return an item for any reason if you reside in the European Union. Please do not purchase an item without being fully confident in the transaction.