Perfumarie's commitment to zero waste saves hotels 50% - 70% of product cost and reduces plastic consumption by > 90%.
Below is a recent case study:
Hotel A has 100 rooms and 75% occupancy. Guests, on average, use a little less than one bottle per night per room depending on the amenity. They use 25,000 bottles of shampoo, 20,000 bottles of conditioner and 22,000 bottles of body wash each year. They use 1 oz bottles and pay $.30 per bottle.
- Current Amenity Cost = 67,000 bottles @ $0.30/oz = $20,100
- Product Cost in Dispensers = 33,500 oz @ $0.18/oz = $6,030
- Annual Product Cost Reduction: $14,070 or 70% SAVINGS
- Current Plastic Consumption = 67,000 1 oz bottles @ 0.29 oz = 19,430 oz or 1,214 lbs
- Plastic Consumption Using Gallon Refills = 262 gallons @ 4.05 oz =
1,061 oz or 66 lbs
- Annual Plastic Reduction: 1,148 lbs 95% REDUCTION
- When switching from single use bottles to dispensers, hotels save an average of 40% per oz. because of the cost savings associated with buying in bulk and another 50% in product savings because it does not get left unused and wasted in partially-used bottles.
- The average single use bottle contains 0.29 oz of plastic, compared to 4.05 oz of plastic in a gallon container.