The third issue tackles a vast and enigmatic subject – the Sex of Scent. The olfactory conventions that lend gender to our fragrances – where do they come from? What links the olfactory sphere to sexuality, desire and attraction?
Plus additional content highlights:
- The Herbarium: Blackcurrant bud by Patrice Revillard
- Molecule under the microscope: Iso E Super by Olivier R.P. David
- What’s that smell? Flowers (pollination, reproduction, protection) by Olivier R.P. David
- Open letter to a young perfumer by Jean-Claude Ellena
- Perfumer’s Column, by Céline Ellena
- Interview: Perfumer Francis Kurkdjian by Sarah Bouasse
- Report: Symrise Madagascan Vanilla by Cécile Clouet
- Incense, Cologne and testosterone: A history of male fragrance, by Eugénie Briot
- Male/Female: How is gender characterised in scent?, by Denyse Beaulieu
- Pheromones: fact or fiction?, by Éléonore de Bonneval
- Analysis: The impact of blogs Awards on perfume brands by Eddie Bulliqi
- Opinion: Synesthesia by Alexis Toublanc
- Perfume reviews and editors’ picks
- Analysis: the car (new car smell, petrol, leather seats, the garage, magic trees) with scented pull-out card by Béatrice Boisserie
- Plus much, much more!
144 pages, printed in English.